This is a key position within the Group Finance function reporting to the Head of Tax and Treasury, and is a hands on role which is both operational and strategic in nature and will require the building of strong relationships both internally and externally.
The Assistant Treasurer is responsible for the day to day management of Treasury activities and will support the Head of Tax and Treasury in developing strategies and solutions for managing financial risk across the group.
The role is required to lead the Group Treasury team and also to build, develop, and sustain excellent relationships throughout the Group.
- Manage, support and lead the team responsible for the day-to-day Group Treasury operations (4 direct reports)
- Drive continuous improvement of Treasury processes, controls and systems (360T, FIS Integrity, Misys
- Delivery of Management Information following the daily, weekly, monthly rhythm
- Manage and understand regulatory and legal compliance requirements (LMA, Sanctions, ISDA, EMIR, Transfer pricing, IBOR transition) and brief stakeholders on implications
- Assist with preparing board management papers on Treasury policies and Group strategies
- Oversee the preparation of notes and disclosures in the ARA related to Treasury activities
- Co-ordination of subsidiary operating entity activities to ensure understanding and compliance with the Treasury Management Framework
- Support the Head of Tax and Treasury with defining the company’s short- to long-term funding and liquidity strategy
- Arrange, manage and propose improvements to the Group debt facilities and finance cost
- Support the funding and integration of M&A activities
- Monitor and report compliance with the Group’s financial covenants
- Administer communications with the facility agent and build strong relationships with banks and other debt investors
- Manage the implementation and maintenance of cash management solutions across all regions
- Monitor cash reporting and forecasts to identify/ manage excess cash
- Work closely with regional CFOs, regional finance and tax teams to deliver cash repatriation and intercompany funding projects globally
- Work with entity finance teams to rationalise and monitor bank accounts and ensure the provision of cost-effective banking services.
- Monitor and report on FX and interest rate exposures in operations and advise on strategies to mitigate risks
- Lead the teams responsible for complying with the FX/ Interest rate hedging strategies in line with the Group policy
- Provide expert advice to local operating entity management teams on various treasury related areas including banking relationships, lines of credit, payment systems, working capital management, bank guarantees, spot exchange rates and FX hedging.
- AMCT or qualified accountant a pre-requisite, potentially studying for MCT, with at least 5 years Treasury experience gained in an international treasury function.
- High level of credibility and able to operate at all levels of the organisation
- Strong communicator with excellent influencing and negotiating skills
- Proven team management experience, with the potential and ambition for senior leadership
- Track record of developing and implementing process improvement
- Good financial modelling skills, and experience in analysing and mitigating areas of financial risk
- Strong commercial acumen and able to identify creative solutions to complex issues
- Treasury systems experience (360T, FIS Integrity, Misys)