Looking for a self-motivated Safeguarding Manager to take the lead on making sure they are in line with all local regulations and have best-in-class controls in place. The Safeguarding Manager is responsible for assessing all internal treasury processes relating to internal and regulatory obligations for client money. Key to this is ensuring that they are in-line with all of the required local regulations and follow best practice principles.
- Ensure that all regulatory changes are reflected in our policies, in line with strategic and business endeavours.
- Update of senior management/execs on Client money processes and rules, including international expansion and projects
- Work with international offices on Client money policy and controls
- International policy implementation
- Assist with any new product offerings ensuring client money, controls, cash management and reporting requirements are set up correctly, working with the treasury managers in our various locations
- Understanding our flow of funds and inputting controls to ensure compliance with all local regulations, advise business where deficiencies are noted
- Ensure that all systems and flows whether Cash Management, Reconciliation, and accounting systems are in line with all regulatory change
- Optimize and redesign process controls to strengthen business practices, improve controls and effectively mitigate business risk.
- Investigate processes, draft/review process flows, propose enhancements, create and implement preventative and detective controls
- Setting up and driving client money engagement within the business to stay on top of new changes impacting client money
- Liaise with the business, audit and regulators
- Stay up to date with client money regulations throughout all our operating jurisdictions
- Own 1LOD monitoring
- Self-starter – we are a lean and fast-moving team in a rapidly growing business
- Responsiveness, accountability and adaptability
- Strong regulatory background and knowledge
- Strong control background and experience writing and owning policy
- Experience with client money safeguarding/ringfencing
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to understand of payment flows
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with tight delivery schedules
- Uses knowledge and initiative to assess business risks and escalate issues