A banking subsidiary of a well-established international financial services group are looking for a contractor to support the treasury team with their work focusing on payments and transfers, associated controls, maintaining the cash book and other reconciliation works. This will be a contract role with initial length of 6-9 months with a possibility of transitioning into a permanent position for the right candidate.
- Prepare the daily funding file and liaise with Group Treasury to ensure the company is funded correctly.
- Check transactions on bank statements, record in the correct GL accounts and match those in SAP.
- Process daily payments to various recipients and manual payment requests from various areas of the business
- Process BACS files and download reports daily and check keyed payment requests for accuracy before processing.
- Raise manual cheques and ensure they are signed in accordance to our bank mandate
- Understand first level controls and ensure those are followed and signed off according to internal policies.
- Liaise with the banks regarding transaction queries.
- Cover for other members of Treasury team when required.
- Understanding of double entry bookkeeping, with minimum 1-2 years’ experience in Treasury
- Good working knowledge of UK payment systems, SAP and Excel
- Ability to work independently, under time pressure and prioritise tasks
- Some practical experience of accounting and working with ledger systems